This is a collaborative effort to give more opportunities to SPPTA and MMTF.
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2023
Location: Bloomington Schmitt Music Auditorium
Deadline: Friday, January 6, 2023
Eligibility of student:
• Open to any student not yet graduated from high school.
• A student who has won first place may compete after two years have passed. i.e. The winner in 2020 or an earlier year may compete in 2023.
• Students who have won first place must play a movement set or concerto which is different from their winning performance.
• The winner must be available to rehearse and perform with the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra. (Concert date to be announced)
• Request forms from MMTFOnline@gmail.com
• Application fee $40.00 per student.
• An additional fee is assessed to teachers who are not current members of MMTF. - - www.MMTFPayments.com for online payment.
• Deadline January 6, 2023 - - Email the online registration form to MMTFOnline@gmail.com
• It may be necessary to schedule some students on Friday, February 10, 2023.
• Any Mozart Piano Concerto is eligible and must be performed by memory.
• Entrants may play the same repertoire in consecutive years, excepting the First Place winner.
•The First Place winner must choose different repertoire.
• Each student is given 10 minutes of playing time.
• Play the First Movement, OR perform the Second and Third Movements as a set.
• The entire Cadenza will be heard.
• Make appropriate cuts in the tutti, to allow student to play as much as possible of the movement. NOTE: In the case that Finals are necessary, student will play the entire solo material of the movement. The tutti cuts may stand.
• Cadenzas from any source may be used. In this case,
photocopies are allowed.
• Number the measures of the Cadenza.
• Auditions are open to public audience.
No recording or video devices are allowed.
• The First Place winner will perform with the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra March 18, 2023.
Deadline: Saturday, December 17, 2022
Request Registration form MMTFOnline@gmail.com
Coordinator: Narissa Strong Bach
Registration Deadline: December 17, 2022
Musicians will submit their live-filmed recording of a composition from the Classical Era (composed in the range of 1735-1825).
Each entrant video will receive comments by noted teachers.
Eligibility of student:
• Open to any musician of any age.
• MMTFOline@gmail.com Request form to Register Students
• Application fee $15.00 per student www.MMTFPayments.com
• For entries using over 4 minutes, an additional $15 is required.
• An additional $30.00 fee is assessed should the teacher not be a current •member of MMTF (SPPTA members are invited.). - - www.MMTFPayments.com for online payment
• Fees are non-refundable
• Deadline December 17, 2022
• Any composition written in the 1735-1825 span.
• Any composer may be represented.
• Memorization is encouraged, and is necessary to qualify for the
• MMTF Ribbon/Trophy Award
• Clarify the source of composition: Hoboken, Köchel, Deutsche, Opus #, etc, • publisher, Catalogue #, and Page number
• Arrangements, adaptions for Piano entries are not allowed.
• Arrangements, abridgment for instrumentalists are allowed.
• Singers may choose to perform in English, or original language of the composition.
Upload the link as “Unlisted”. Include this information
in the Email submission with YouTube link.
• Student name, as it will appear on the certificate
• Teacher name
• Complete Title and Composer Name
Since 1999, annual awards are presented to ninth grade students in memory of Hazelle A. Quist (piano), Nancy Q. Pratt (piano), and Mary A. Brandenburg (voice and other instruments). The winner is given the opportunity to perform at a monthly MMTF/MFMTA meeting.
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2023
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Schmitt Music Auditorium, Bloomington
Registration Postmark Deadline: January 6, 2023
Fee: $40 per student entry. Check must be written by teacher.
Chair: Nancy Dierauer
• Open to ninth grade students of any instrument and voice.
• Students must be studying with a paid member of MMTF.
• Students must perform at least once in a Regular MMTF Recital or the Young Artist Critiqued Event during this academic year, before January 4, 2023.
• At this competition the student is to demonstrate her/his musicianship in solo performance playing repertoire chosen from two contrasting stylistic periods of music. No substitutions are allowed. A minimum of seven minutes playing time must be prepared. Each piece or movement must be learned in its entirety. Judges may stop students at appropriate places, if necessary.
• Good stage etiquette and dress are important.
• All material for piano, voice, and other instruments must be memorized.
• It is suggested that the piano entrants play repertoire equivalent to Level VII of the MMTA Piano Exam or Intermediate B or higher of the MMTA Contest.
• Decisions of the Judges will be final and critiques will be mailed to the teachers. • Awards range from $75 (Honorable Mention) to $400 (First Place).
• A $40 non-refundable application fee, plus a self-addressed stamped envelope, must be sent with the application form.
Check must be written by the teacher.
• Recorded auditions are not accepted.
APPLICATION FORMS: request from Nancy Dierauer
Submit applications, fees, and self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Nancy Dierauer, 6072 Whited Ave., Minnetonka, MN 55345
This recital is an opportunity for advanced students preparing programs for Junior Young Artists, Senior Young Artists, piano exams the equivalent of Level 6 and up, and Intermediate A Level and up to perform their entire program or any portion of it for TWO JUDGES before the actual event.
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, January 14-15, 2023
Time: Sat 10:00 am–5:00 pm; Sun. Noon to 5:00 pm
Location: Schmitt Music, Bloomington
Registration Postmark Deadline: December 16, 2022
Contact Camile Buddecke for Recital Registration Form:
Fee: $40 per student entry.
Check must be written by teacher.
Chair: Camille Buddecke
Committee: Jean Krinke
• List repertoire in order of importance, as the Committee may make cuts to accommodate all students.
Submit registration form, fee and self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Camille Buddecke, 3950 Thames Avenue, Eagan, MN 55123 by December 16, 2022.
• Repertoire should be from the current SYA, JYA, exam lists, and contest list.
•Contact the MMTA Central Office for repertoire lists.
MMTA Central Office: 10800 Lyndale Ave. S.Suite 120, Bloomington, MN 55420 • Performances are critiqued but not rated.
• Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org