Check out this video message about MusicLink from the MusicLink Foundation Coordinator, Sue Wege.
The Minnesota MusicLink program has established a scholarship award for a Minnesota MusicLink student who is a graduating high school senior and taking music lessons through the MusicLink program. This award recognizes a MusicLink student who has shown ongoing commitment to lessons, has made significant progress in lessons and demonstrates outstanding achievement in music.
The award in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to one Minnesota MusicLink student for use towards further study in music.
Application deadline: May 14, 2018
Registration Forms: Download below.
A student eligible for this award must meet the following criteria:
• Completion of at least three years of lessons through MusicLink
• Evidence of outstanding achievement in music (teacher nomination, awards, school & community involvement, etc.)
• Attainment of an advanced level of performance (CD, audio or video) • Commitment to continue musical study/personal involvement with music in the future
• Plans to attend college
Ruth Stenson was a MusicLink teacher for many years in the Thief River Falls, MN area. She taught many MusicLink students during her career and touched many young lives with her gift of music.
The MusicLink Foundation is pleased to offer financial assistance to MusicLink students who seek an experience at a summer music program or music camp of their choice. The process has been simplified to provide assistance to more students in the MusicLink program. MusicLink teachers, students, and families FIRST apply to a music program of their choice, requesting any financial aid offered through the camp or program. Teachers and students apply for the MusicLink Foundation scholarships AFTER the student has been accepted to the camp or program. The MusicLink scholarships will assist in any remaining summer program fees up to $250. Transportation costs are not part of this scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY: MusicLink summer music camp scholarships are available to students who:
• have been enrolled in the MusicLink program for at least six months.
• have a record of progress and commitment to lessons, as indicated on any E Student Evaluation forms completed by their MusicLink teachers.
• have been accepted into a music camp and applied for possible camp financial assistance.
• have demonstrated commitment and enthusiasm for lessons, determined by nomination letters completed by their MusicLink teacher.
• complete the MusicLink Camp Scholarship application form, indicating interest in attending a summer music camp.